- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 ¼ cups organic quinoa
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped mint
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cucumber – seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
Boil the water in a small saucepan. Add quinoa, raisins, and a pinch of salt. Cover the saucepan and let it simmer for 12 to 15 minutes in slow flame. After 15 minutes, remove the pan from heat, and allow cooling to room temperature.
In another pan, mix together the tomatoes, onion, radish, cucumber, and almonds in a large bowl. Add and stir in the cooled quinoa, then season with mint, parsley, cumin, lime juice, sesame oil, and salt. Chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving.